Unseen is a charity established to disrupt and challenge human trafficking at all levels.Learn more about who we are
News & Events
We are recruiting for bank staff, please see our jobs page for more details.
The report from the Pre-Legislative Joint Committee to examine the UK's Draft Modern Slavery Bill acknowledges that the Centre for Social Justice's report: 'It Happens Here' was the catalyst for the government to act and bring forward proposed legislation. The report was chaired by Unseen's CEO.
The report calls for a number of changes to the draft bill:
- More support for victims to claim compensation, including a legal fund.
- A new system of children's advocates.
- No prosecution of crimes committed by enslaved people.
- A stronger asset recovery regime to seize illicit gains.
- A rethink of recent changes to visa rules for domestic workers.
- Companies to report on efforts to eradicate slavery from their supply chains.
- The anti-slavery commissioner to be truly independent.
- The legislation to be continuously reviewed.
Run the Bristol 10K to raise money for Unseen.
Want to help raise money for Unseen? Up for a challenge at the same time?
Why not join the group running the Bristol 10K 2014 for Unseen on the 11th May 2014?
Of the 2,255 victims of human trafficking uncovered in the UK in 2012, 549 were children - that's equivalent to 46 children per month. Unseen has been working on an accommodation and specialist care provision for this extremely vulnerable group and now desperately needs your help to open it.
Expression of Interest - House Parents
We are seeking a 'one in a million' couple to become an integral part of this new project.
If you are interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information. The deadline to make an expression of interest is Sunday 16th March 2014.
WhichHeart is supporting Unseen!
WhichHeart makes personalised wristbands, charms and rings.
Every charm bracelet comes complete with an Unseen charity charm. These charms have been donated by WhichHeart to help raise awareness of human trafficking. In addition, for every charm bracelet sold WhichHeart donates £1 to Unseen.
Click on the link below to buy your bracelet.
To make a text donation, simply text SEEN24 and the amount you want to give to 70070 - For example, if you would like to donate £10 text SEEN24 10 to 70070.
- £10 could provide a Care Package of toiletries for a survivor who's just arrived, so she can feel clean and safe, and start to regain her dignity.
- £25 could help pay for a Clothing Package of essentials for a woman.
- £40 could pay for one counselling session for a survivor.
Check out what some of our supporters are doing to raise funds for Unseen!
What could you do?
Unseen's Twitter FeedTweets by @unseenorg
Slavery in Focus
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:29
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:01
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:37
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:00
Tue, 08 Apr 2014 15:20
And together we can make a difference.Make a donation
Sponsor a room
A practical way you can support the survivors of Human Trafficking, from just £2.50 a week.Find out more
Sign-up to our newsletter to receive updates on our work, latest news and events.Sign up to our newsletter
ReferralsFor referrals for accommodation or immediate advice contact Salvation Army (0300 303 8151 - 24/7 referral line), UKHTC (0844 778 2406 - 24/7 tactical advice line) or visit the UKHTC website.
Visit and like us on Facebook to receive up to date information on our progress.Take a look at our Facebook page